These easy-to-make breakfast muffins are perfect for a busy family! Just bake the night before and grab one or two on your way out the door.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serves: The original recipe says this serves 12, however we were able to make 15.
- 1 – 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clamshell of fresh Terry Berries, diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- zest of half a lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin baking sheet. In a
medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; give it a
quick whisk. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and oil just until
incorporated. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little
at a time. Once fully incorporated, fold in fresh strawberries (We used the Confidence variety in our muffins). Set
- For the filling: Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add egg,
sugar, flour, zest, and juice and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins about 3/4 full. Then spoon the
cream cheese filling on top of the batter. Bake for about 20 to 25
minutes or until the edges start to get golden brown.
Original recipe can be found here.